An attempt on the British Land Speed record is no easy task. To date many hundreds of hours of time and effort have been spent on taking the car from concept through to its early design and test stages. Many more hours will be spent bringing the car to a stage where the record breaking attempt can be made.
Lee along with the current project team and the initial sponsors have achieved a lot but much more needs to be done and help and assistance is required. Your support could come in a variety of forms including:
- expertise – you may have high speed racing experience and can advise on technical or racing matters
- knowledge – you may be an expert on jet engine technology, lightweight materials, fuel systems, tyres etc.
- testing – you could have access to test rigs for materials testing, wind tunnel testing, CFD testing, simulation etc.
- design and manufacturing equipment – you can contribute by making equipment available for component design and manufacture using CAD or CNC etc.
- STEM – you’re a school, college or university or a teacher/lecturer who would like to be involved to promote the science, technology, engineering and mathematics aspects of the project to pupils and/or students
- Donations – if you would like to make a cash donation please let us know. Your donations will be put to good use to oil the wheels of this exciting project.
If you feel you can help in any way please get in touch by visiting our Contact page. We will be setting up an online donations facility shortly but in the meantime you can make pledges by contacting us. We look forward to receiving your support and to help Lee break the record.